Sculptor 6.1 Reference Guide’s documentation¶
Main 6.1 new features¶
- New services have been added:
- Audit service makes available the history of modifications from a configured list of keyed files.
- The Mirror on server service allows the definiton of mirrors for server keyed files without the need to configure anything on the client.
- Sculptor system files relocation service makes posible the movement of sculptor sytem configuration or keyed files from the $SCULPTOR directory to any convenient directory.
- A Sculptor server cache service could help to enhance the performance of critically accessed server keyed files.
Main 6.0 new features¶
An SQL engine has been implemented in kfserver server and kfservnt service. This engine, permits the access (SELECT) and modification (INSERT, DELETE and UPDATE) of Sculptor keyed files using standard SQL queries.
The new sql shell command permits the connection to local or remote Scultpor SQL Engines, making it possible to execute interactive or script SQL commands on the SQL Engine.
A native Sculptor ODBC implementation (scodbc), now permits any program to connect to the Sculptor SQL Engine through ODBC (on Windows and through unixODBC on unix and linux platforms)
A new usefull sort() function has been added to sort field arrays or records of arrays.